Carl M. Bloomfield
AAI, Managing Director, Vice President
Carl Bloomfield joined The Graham Company in 2006 and currently serves as Vice President. In March 2015, he was appointed the leader of the Health & Human Services Division, a division which makes up approximately 30 percent of the firm’s overall revenues. As leader of the Health & Human Services Division, Bloomfield specializes in working with a wide variety of healthcare and social services organizations such as aging services, behavioral health, intellectual disability, hospital systems, sub‐acute care and long‐term acute care. The division handles the outsourced risk management for organizations with combined annual budgets that exceed $6 billion, tens of thousands of employees, and thousands of locations nationwide.
Between January 2013 and March 2015, Bloomfield was co-chair of the Construction Division at The Graham Company. Aside from the Health & Human Services Division, he is an active member of the Professional and Financial Services Division.
Prior to starting at the firm, he was a General Manager for Aramark Uniform Services and worked in Sales and Operations for Cardinal Health’s Pharmaceutical Drug Distribution Division providing services to health systems. He managed Cardinal Health’s largest distribution center in the country which generated approximately $7 billion of revenue annually.
Bloomfield is a published author on key issues in the risk management industry, including, but not limited to, captive insurance, contractual risk transfer, and other related insurance topics. He also serves on the board of Parents Anonymous of New Jersey, a non-profit that focuses on reducing child abuse through the strengthening of families.
Bloomfield graduated from the United States Military Academy at West Point with a Bachelor of Science Degree in Civil Engineering. He also holds the Accredited Advisor of Insurance designation.
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Improving Safety & Efficiency in the Construction Industry (September 2019)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Understanding Land & Earth Movement Exclusions (August 2017)
- Provider: Don’t Get Shortchanged: A Guide To ACO Prep (May 2016)
- Philadelphia Inquirer: Announcements show changing for regions’ health systems (February 3, 2016)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Mega Projects and Wrap-Up Exclusions (February 2016)
- Long-Term Living: Reexamine Elopement Risk Assessment (November 2015)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Pollution Liability Policies Offer Affordable Protection (October 2015)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Excavators, Backhoes and Cranes, Oh My! (August 2015)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Shifting Your Business Auto Policy Into Overdrive (June 2015)
- Construction Business Owner: Safety In the Fast Lane (June 2015)
- GBCA Construction Today: Insuring Joint Ventures (Spring 2015)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Insurance Pricing Stable but Beware of Challenges (February 2015)
- University Business: Take Control of Insurance Costs through OCIPS (December 5, 2014)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Two Doors of Protection – Part 2 (August 2014)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Two Doors of Protection – Part 1 (June 2014)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Beware of These Costly Insurance Claim Scenarios (April 2014)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Insuring Joint Ventures (June 2013)
- Construction Business Owner: Is Subcontractor Default Insurance Right for Your Company? (May 2013)
- CFMA Building Profits: A CFM’s Role in Mitigating Risk (September/October 2012)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Sink or Swim: Insurance Requirements To Know (August 2012)
- Utility & Transportation Contractor: Changing Insurance Industry Requires New Game Plan (June 2012)