Kevin D. Smith
CPCU, ARM, Managing Director
Kevin Smith joined The Graham Company in 1999 and is the leader of the Real Estate Division and the International Division. He also manages the firm’s Group Captive and is an active member of the Risk Management Division. In 2006, Smith was appointed to The Graham Company’s Leadership Group and in 2009 to the firm’s Management Committee. He is responsible for new business development and the training and development of new producers.
Prior to joining The Graham Company, Smith worked as an account executive for Sedgwick James, in its Global Accounts Division, where he was responsible for the day-to-day account management of several Fortune 500 accounts. Immediately prior to joining The Graham Company, he worked for The Chubb Group of Insurance Companies as a resource to field underwriters in the training and development of multinational insurance programs.
As the leader of the Real Estate Industry Team, Smith spearheads The Graham Company’s involvement in several real estate industry organizations, including NAIOP Commercial Real Estate Development Association, Building Owners and Managers Association International (BOMA), Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM), Urban Land Institute (ULI), Apartment Association of Greater Philadelphia (AAGP) and the New Jersey Apartment Association (NJAA).
Smith is a sought-after speaker and published author on key issues in the risk management industry, including but not limited to captive insurance, international insurance issues, contractual risk transfer and real estate portfolio insurance programs.
He also serves on the boards of the Family Support Line, a non-profit that focuses on treating the trauma of child abuse, and the Haverford Area YMCA, one of the nation’s leading non-profits strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.
Smith graduated from Temple University with a bachelor’s degree in business administration with a concentration in risk management and insurance. He also holds the Chartered Property and Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) and the Associate in Risk Management (ARM) designations.
- Property Casualty 360: Preparing for the impact of water damage (July 2, 2019)
- Facility Executive: Reducing disaster risk (May 29, 2018)
- Commercial Property Executive: Insurance Broker Selection vs. Competition: What’s Best? (May 18, 2018)
- Insurance Business America: Walking in clients’ boots the key to business growth (May 12, 2016)
- Property Casualty 360: How to create a disaster recovery plan for your business (April 6, 2016)
- Property Casualty 360: Here are 5 ways to protect your business from natural disasters (January 25, 2016)
- Journal of Property Management: Insurers Offer Help in Fighting Crime (September 2015)
- Multi-Housing News: 5 Things You Need to Know About Lender Requirements (September 9, 2015)
- Commercial Property Executive: A P&C Insurance Playbook for Property Owners (January 19, 2015)
- Dark Reading: How Cookie-Cutter Cyber Insurance Falls Short (October 6, 2014)
- Multifamily Executive: Moisture Control: How to Limit, Remediate Mold Exposure (November 6, 2013)
- AIM: Risk of Cyber Liability: Real for Property Owners (July 2013)
- Multifamily Executive: Cyber Attack: How to Defend Against a Data Breach (June 26, 2013)
- AIM: Consider This: Insuring New Construction & Renovation Projects (September 2012)
- Philadelphia Business Journal: On Topic: Insurance (April 6, 2012)