Michael J. Mitchell
CPA, CPCU, Vice Chairman
Mike Mitchell is a Vice Chairman and a Principal of The Graham Company. As a senior executive at The Graham Company, Mitchell heads up the Surety Department, services the Property and Casualty Insurance requirements of his clientele, and is a member of The Graham Company’s Management Committee and Board of Directors.
Mitchell’s educational background includes a Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting from Villanova University. In addition to being a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Mitchell received his Chartered Property & Casualty Underwriter (CPCU) Designation from the American Institute of Property & Liability Underwriters in October 1988.
Mitchell is a member of the American and Pennsylvania Institutes of Certified Public Accountants, the Philadelphia Society of CPCUs, and the National Association of Surety Bond Producers (NASBP).
He has served in various capacities on the following Boards:
- The Graham Company
- The Construction Financial Management Association (CFMA); a national organization with over 7,000 members
- The Rose Tree Colts / Bert Bell Football Conference – Past President
- The Villanova University Wildcat Club
- The NHS Foundation – Chairman
- The Independence Group, Ltd., a Heterogeneous Group Captive domiciled in the Cayman Islands
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (November 2017)
- Business Insurance: People make the difference in broker productivity (October 8, 2017)
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (November 2015)
- CFMA Building Profits: Maximize Integrated Project Delivery (September/October 2015)
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (October 2014)
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (April 2014)
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (November 2013)
- Construction Executive: Executive Insights (April 2013)
- CFMA Building Profits: Establishing a Wellness Culture (January/February 2013)
- Insurance Journal: Building Momentum in the Construction Market (November 19, 2012)
- Philadelphia SmartCEO: Pay it Forward (June 2012)
- Insurance Journal: In East Region, Insurance Sector Hiring Is ‘Slightly Elevated’ (May 7, 2012)